The device can work in two modes “Encoder” or “Transcoder”.
The dual channel Encoder is intended for real time encoding of CVBS or SD/HD SDI signals into MPEG-2 SD or H.264 SD/HD format.
The dual channel Transcoder is intended for real-time transcoding/ transrating of two SD/HD program from two Transport Streams (TS) from MPEG-2 to H.264 format or vice versa.
Each channel generates up to two TS. One of the two TS provides high resolution (1920х1080 or less) for high quality broadcasting, the other TS provides low resolution (320х240 or less) for broadcasting to mobile devices or Internet. The Encoder/Transcoder enables multiplexing of the four TS onto any of the two ASI outputs or any of the four IP addresses. Built-in multiplexer: each output can be configured to carry either a Single Program Transport Stream (SPTS), or a Multi Program Transport Stream (MPTS).
The main features:
- Encoding : MPEG-2 HP@HL, MP@HL , MP@ML MPEG-4 H.264 HP@L4, MP@L3.
- TS Bit Rate: 0,5~15 Mbps.
- User selectable resolution and bit rate.
- Supports OTA, EPG, DVCrypt CAS 3000/10000/100000 subscribers in transcoder
- Two SDI / two CVBS/two HMDI inputs.
- Transcoding of an SD/HD program
- Overlaying titles on the signal.
- Selectable MPEG-2 SD or H.264 SD/HD real-time video encoding.
- The possibility of transferring 2 audio channels in the first encoder.
- Transcoding 2 programs in the stream.